Saturday, November 5, 2016

VOTE 2016 (PSA)

The following is not a movie review, this is a public service announcement on my blog to encourage voting in America. Please do not leave inappropriate or rude comments about my thoughts; if you have any comments please address them maturely. Thank you.

I've never been the kind of person to get engrossed into politics. I always found it an annoying process that tore people a part and encouraged political talk every five minutes, leading to tension between friends and family. However, not only am I finally old enough to have my say into who can be president but my interest in politics has risen and I do care for the future of our country.

I care enough to give you this brief message to go out and vote. I may have been one of the least interested in elections and the government, but at least now I have an opinion on who I believe is best fit to run the country. If you're still not sure on the current candidates political values, there is always the internet to help gather information on it. So you're able to rightfully have your own opinion too and pick either Republican Donald Trump or Democrat Hillary Clinton as the 44th president of the United States of America.

Voting may seem tedious and frustrating to do, but it's worth the struggle. Frankly, based on my experience in the primaries, voting takes at least 10 minutes or less (as long as there is not a long line at the voting polls). Therefore, you are able to take a few minutes out of your time that you may've used on just watching tv or having a snack, to go out and make a difference in the world.


The election-as you may have heard many people say-is unlike any other, and that's completely true. It is an intense race with no clear winner in sight, and if you're the kind of person who is displeased with both candidates and want to not vote at all, I'm very sorry but that will only hurt you in the long run.

Voting reveals the overall preference of Americans, would you want to show who you'd rather stand to hear about for the next four years? Don't give the nominee you dislike a greater chance at winning by being a bystander. I know it might be very difficult for you to choose someone you don't agree wholeheartedly with, but also think about the people who support this nominee, particularly the other political figures like Governor Mike Pence and Senator Bernie Sanders.

Think of the nominee's attitude towards things, because nothing gets accomplished if they communicate poorly with others. If they're the type of be mostly calm and collected when discussing serious issues, if they are more likely to be open to new ideas, then that can be presidential material.

To conclude, what I'm trying to say is to vote on Tuesday, November 8.

Remember, whoever becomes president for the next 4 years will be on our tv screens every day, they'll be the leader in making changes to America.


You'll have to someday explain to a child, "How come people picked Trump/Clinton? Why did people like him/her?" Who would you be more proud of rooting for?

They will be the role models for the children. Who is more fit to be that role model?
You can help make that choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MY HUSBAND WON'T FIT (EP. 1-5)

Check out my first installment of my 3-part breakdown of this Japanese series. Please LIKE & SUBSCRIBE for updates. Thank you! https://w...